Raccoon Mountain Road
2X TBRA Points
April 17th, 2005
Promoted by Scenic City Velo
USCF Permit #2005-601
|Place: Raccoon Mountain Caverns and
four miles from downtown Chattanooga.
Parking and registration will take place at the
Directions: From Chattanooga, take I-24
West to exit 174.
Travel 1.4 miles on Hwy 41N. Turn left onto West Hills
and travel 0.5 miles to the registration area.
Course: 27 mile loop with rolling
terrain and one 2 mile
stair step climb and one 1.25 mile climb at the end of
Gearing of 39x19 recommended. Course
is open to traffic.
Accommodations: There are numerous hotels
near the race course. See the hotel listing on our
Camping and cabins are available at Raccoon Mountain
Caverns for a small fee. Please call ahead for
at (423) 821-9403 or (800) 823-CAMP.
LAJORS: New for 2005 - We have been selected as a Lance
Armstrong Junior Olympic Race Series (LAJORS) race. Click
here for more
information on the LAJORS races.
||$900 / 10
$100/3 Cat 2 bonus
||$350 / 6
|$250 / 6
$100 / 3 places
$50 / 2 places
||$250 / 6
$200/4 Cat 3 bonus
$100/3 35+ bonus
(< 20, 20-29)
3 places deep
|$300 / 6
$100 / 3 places
will be available on Saturday night before the
race at the Holiday Inn Express from 5:00pm -
9:00pm. (I-24 Exit 174. Phone # 423.424-0125)
registration is available at no additional surcharge from
- Race day
registration begins at 8:00 a.m. EST and closes
30 minutes prior to each category start time.
- Chattanooga is in the Eastern
- Juniors (18 and
under) $5. All other races: $25
- $5 late fee for
day of race registration.
- Entry fee includes
insurance and TBRA surcharge.
||The Fine Print
- The promoter reserves the right to combine fields.
- Field limit for each Cat 5 race is 50 riders; field limit for all other races is 100 riders.
- The Masters 30+ and 40+ races are open to Category 1 - 4 riders only. If you are a Masters rider and do not have a USCF license that reflects your appropriate category, you are encouraged to do so before the race.
- All Junior riders will be subject to Junior gear restrictions (USCF Rule 1J6) and should be prepared for rollout before and/or after the race.
- Radios will only be allowed in the Men's Pro/1/2, Women's 1/2/3, Masters 30+, and Masters 40+ races. ( USCF Rule 1K3)
- Centerline Rule will be strictly enforced.
- Races will be held rain or shine.
- All non-licensed racers must purchase either a one-day USCF license for $10, or an annual license for $60 ( $25 for Juniors), and compete in the Category 5 or Cat 4 Women's race. You must be racing on an annual license (not a one day license) to earn category upgrade points.
E-mail Race Director Bill Parsons at
Register online with no additional surcharge at
If you cannot register online, make checks payable to 'Scenic City Velo'.
form and 2005 USA Cycling Standard Athlete's Entry Blank and
Release Form to:
|Scenic City Velo c/o RMRR P.O. Box 4155
Chattanooga, TN. 37405
||Race: 2005 Raccoon
Name: ___________________________________ Racing Age: ___________ Gender: _____
Category: ___________________ USCF License #: ___________________ Club: __________________________